EVS GO POLITICAL: exploring political dimensions of the EVS cycle training course
13-18 May 2017 | Turkey
The training course “EVS GO POLITICAL; exploring political dimensions of the EVS cycle” is a chance to explore and implement a political dimension in EVS (European Voluntary Service) activities.
After twenty years of EVS, experience shows that social transformation takes place within EVS project participants. “EVS Go Political” will introduce methods to consider a political dimension into the EVS by:
- Extending the critical thinking and knowledge about policy making, democracy and human rights of participants
- Raising awareness of participants through sharing good practices
- Enabling participants to better understand and use the political dimension in their work in the EVS cycle.
To address the political dimension in EVS by means of non-formal learning based on participants experience, motivation and needs. Participants will have the chance to assess the impact of political context in their field / projects, defining and analysing the active citizenship in the panorama of EVS, exchanging good practices, sharing knowledge and methods and assessing their own competences.
Expected learning outcomes are:
- Participants will be able to integrate their learning in their daily EVS work
- Participants will be aware and able to deal with the importance of being non-judgmental and respectful of various political beliefs and values
- Participants will be able to understand the importance of stand for democracy and human rights.
The Training Course is recommended for Trainers, EVS mentors/tutors, Coordinators and anyone related to EVS sending / hosting projects
Costs: Hellenic National Agency will cover 95% of your travel costs. Accommodation and food costs will be covered by the National Agency of Turkey.
For more information about the training and submission of the application form, you should visit: https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/evs-go-political-exploring-political-dimensions-of-the-evs-cycle-training-course.6312/
Application Deadline: 23 March 2017
For further information, please contact Mrs. Nora Tsirigoti, tel 2131314460, email: firstname.lastname@example.org