Volunteering Projects allow young people aged 17-30 to express their personal commitment through unpaid and full-time voluntary service for 2-12 months in another country within or outside European Union.
A Volunteering Project can include between 1-30 volunteers. Volunteering Projects’ participants contribute to the daily work of the organizations dealing with youth information, environment, arts and culture, inclusion, civic engagement, intercultural learning, youth policies etc.
During a volunteering project, there are covered:
- Subsistence, lodging and local transports of volunteers
- Travel costs
- Insurance plan
- Pocket money
- Linguistic support
- Participation in the Volunteering Project on arrival training and mid-term evaluation, for voluntary services lasting more than 6 months.
After the end of their Volunteering Projects, volunteers receive Youthpass certificate.
How can you take part in Volunteering Projects:
- You should contact an accredited sending organization in Greece
- You discuss with the organization the topic of the Volunteering Projects you are interested in as well as the country of your preference
- In cooperation with the sending organization, you contact the accredited receiving organization
Note that the submission of the application as well as the financial and administrative management of the project is implemented by the coordinated organization.