European Voluntary Service allows young people aged 17-30 to express their personal commitment through unpaid and full-time voluntary service for 2-12 months in another country within or outside European Union.
An EVS project can include between 1-30 volunteers. EVS volunteers contribute to the daily work of the organizations dealing with youth information, environment, arts and culture, inclusion, civic engagement, intercultural learning, youth policies etc.
During an EVS project, there are covered:
- Subsistence, lodging and local transports of volunteers
- Travel costs
- Insurance plan
- Pocket money
- Linguistic support
- Participation in the EVS on arrival training and mid-term evaluation, for voluntary services lasting more than 6 months.
After the end of their projects, EVS volunteers receive Youthpass certificate.
How can you take part in EVS:
- You should contact an accredited sending organization in Greece
- You discuss with the organization the topic of the EVS you are interested in as well as the country of your preference
- In cooperation with the sending organization, you contact the accredited receiving organization
Note that the submission of the application as well as the financial and administrative management of the project is implemented by the coordinated organization.